Discover a network of the brightest, most innovative minds working together to provide the best, most compassionate care to Carroll County.
FIND THE ROLE FOR YOU: APPLY NOW.
FIND THE ROLE FOR YOU: APPLY NOW.
Carroll County Youth Service Bureau (CCYSB) is an outpatient behavioral health clinic-serving people of all ages who present with a continuum of mental health and/or substance use concerns. CCYSB is located in Westminster, MD and has been in operation since 1972. We are committed to cultural competence, and dedicated to excellence in service, innovation in programming, and responsiveness to our community.
Benefits – We have a very generous benefit plan available to employees who work 30 or more hours per week. Benefits may include:
- Generous Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
- Paid holidays
- 403(b) with employer contribution
Work Atmosphere: At Carroll County Youth Service Bureau, we promote the success of our staff, value specialized training, and encourage a work/home balance that supports a satisfying professional experience.
Diversity & Inclusion: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing equal treatment and opportunities throughout our recruitment and hiring processes. We strongly encourage women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, those in recovery, and veterans to apply for positions at all levels.
Unless otherwise noted, to apply for a position at CCYSB, please send your cover letter/resume to:
Joanne Krantz, Human Resources Assistant at email@example.com or
59 Kate Wagner Road, Westminster, MD 21157
At the right is a list of current employment opportunities within our organization:
Family Preservation (therapeutic) and Outpatient Clinic
Family Preservation, in the community, 34-hours per week; and Outpatient clinic, 6-hours per week
Licensed Therapist Responsibilities:
As a therapist in our Family Preservation program:
- Provide comprehensive assessments and delivery of short-term therapeutic services to Carroll County families with children at risk of being removed from the home or returning from an out-of-home placement.
- Develop, implement, and monitor treatment plans;
- Provide home-based intervention strategies for at-risk youth and families;
- Provide comprehensive coordination of care with community partners
(This is a community-based program)
In the Clinical Therapist role:
- Provide therapy for individuals, families and groups with mental health, substance use or co-occurring presentation
- Coordination of care
- Potential to train in an evidence-based therapy, work with a team on a grant-funded initiative, or assist with program development
Licensed Therapist Requirements/Experience
- Experience with and/or willingness to work with clients of all ages
- Two evenings per week required (until 8:00 pm), flexible schedule available
- Experience with electronic health record documentation
- Experience in working with mental health, substance use disorders, and co-occurring populations preferred across all age ranges
- Spanish speaking or secondary language skills (e.g. ASL) a plus!
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Joanne Krantz, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Medical Assistant – Part time (24 hrs/week)
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays
We are seeking an individual who is currently certified as a Medical Assistant with experience in a busy clinic and who is able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of patients, clients, and colleagues. In this position you will work on an administrative team that includes the front-office staff; prescribers and clinicians. The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing and a strong listener.
To be qualified for this job, you must be certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants.
- Provide non-clinical support for the medical staff.
- Assist physicians with minor medical procedures, such as injections, vitals, urinalysis screenings.
- Assist with prescription refills.
- Provide essential patient education.
- Assist patients with understand and processing financial records, insurance forms, etc.
- Obtain prior authorizations for insurance.
Must have a current Maryland Medical Assistant certification.
Please submit a copy of certification along with resume.
Work Location: In person
Carroll County Youth Service Bureau (CCYSB) is currently hiring for a full-time administrative assistant to support both our Compliance/Quality Assurance department and our Development/Marketing department.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining client files in accordance to regulatory standards,
- Maintaining our records-management system ensuring that it is updated and running efficiently and that the data remains confidential;
- Ensuring that the client database is accurate and clean in accordance with instructions from the clinical director;
- Performing audit/data collection as per stakeholder(s) agreed upon specifications;
- Aggregating, analyzing, and reporting on findings as indicated;
- Participating in various audits;
- Accepting and recording donations;
- Preparing donor acknowledgments;
- Attending meetings and taking minutes;
- Preparing a variety of reports;
- Assisting the Development team with events;
- Helping in the coordination of donor visits and tours
- High school diploma, post-secondary classes are a plus;
- 2-4 years of administrative assistant or customer service experience;
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Strong basic mathematical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Health Insurance (pay only $30/month)
- Dental & Vision insurance (pay less than $40/month)
- Life Insurance (free)
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days (up t0 29 days off in first year)
- 11 Paid holidays (including your birthday!)
403(b) with employer match
Maryland Licensed Therapist (LCSW-C, LCPC, LMSW, or LGPC)
- Provide high-quality therapy for individuals, families, and groups with mental health, substance use or co-occurring presentations;
- Provide clinical interventions; including diagnostic intake assessments, treatment plans, and use of Greenspace Mental Health to drive data-informed treatment;
- Coordination of care for all ages;
- Participation in weekly group consult focused on offering and obtaining support from colleagues related to all areas of treatment, including successful and challenging cases;
- Additional opportunities may include training in evidence-based therapy, working with a team on a grant-funded initiative, and/or assisting with program development
- Maryland-licensed LCSW-C, LCPC, LMSW or LGPC
- Evening availability (twice per week)
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, a positive attitude, effective leadership abilities, and a passion for patient care and clinical excellence
- Solid computer and basic technology skills
- Self-motivated and independent, able to quickly build rapport with clients
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- 403(b) program with an employer match
- Up to 29 days off in first year (a combination of vacation, holidays, and personal days; this does not include sick leave)
- Professional development/CEU support
- Clinical supervision at NO cost
- Generous time built into schedule to support clinicians and allow maintenance of a productive caseload
- Eligibility to participate in Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
We are seeking a part-time (30 hours) Registered Nurse to work with our ACT program. Our multidisciplinary team provides a variety of supportive services to adults with chronic mental illness. Our nurses work closely with our clients assisting them with medications and medical appointments in addition to daily living supports. These services are provided in the community and in the client’s homes.
If you can work independently as well as with a team, are organized and have the ability to multi-task, this position may be for you.
*RN license, current, licensed to practice in Maryland
*Access to a dependable vehicle
*Clean driving record
*Good communication skills
*Previous mental health experience
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Therapist/Clinical Case Manager to provide comprehensive clinical assessment, treatment services, and delivery of case management to clients in our Connecting Youth and Family Engagement programs.
Clinical Therapist Responsibilities
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and determine appropriate diagnoses and treatment modality;
- Provide individual, family, and/or group therapy sessions and interventions;
- Provide ongoing support and case management services to youth and their families;
- Provide coordination of care services for all clients as indicated
- Current Maryland license (LMSW, LGPC, LCSW-C, LCPC)
- At least one year of experience in social service setting
- One evening per week required (until 8:00 pm)
- Flexible schedule available
- Experience with electronic health record documentation
- Generous health/dental/vision/life insurance
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
- 11 paid holidays
- 403(b) with employer match
We are seeking a full-time Peer Support Specialist who will support clients in the Open Access program.
As a Peer Support Specialist, you will work one-on-one and/or in a group setting to support clients’ efforts with recovery in both mental health and substance use diagnoses. This position also includes some tasks related to data collection and management.
To be qualified for the position, candidates must have a personal history of mental health diagnosis, having received or currently receiving mental health/substance abuse services and be well along with their recovery; must be a Certified Peer Specialist, if not currently certified, it is expected that the peer will work with Maryland Addiction and Behavioral Health Professional Certification Board to obtain certification. One year of previous experience working with adults with mental illness is also required. The person in this position will also have the opportunity to become certified as an Application Counselor to help clients obtain Medicaid insurance if they qualify.
The Family Engagement Program is currently hiring a full-time Engagement Manager. This position provides case management services to families and youth who are at risk of involvement with, or who are currently involved with, Maryland’s Department of Juvenile Services.
Duties will include assessing youth and family needs and facilitating linkages to services in the community; working with youth and family to promote risk reduction as part of a treatment plan; developing relationships with community resources to increase accessibility for youth; and promoting care coordination, stabilization, and risk reduction as a part of a coordinated treatment team.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related discipline. In lieu of a degree, candidates will be considered if they have at least one year of directly relevant experience or 2 years of experience working in human services. A valid driver’s license and comfort level with transporting and meeting with clients in the community, including in-home services, is a must.
The Therapist/Counselor for ACT works as a part of a multi-disciplinary team providing behavioral health services to clients in the ACT program. Examples of responsibilities include conducting comprehensive assessments and determining appropriate diagnoses and treatment modalities for clients; developing, implementing, and monitoring meaningful and appropriate treatment plans for all clients; providing individual, family and/or group therapy sessions and interventions as outlined in the treatment plan; providing coordination of care services for all clients; and maintaining appropriate documentation of all activities and services.
Qualified candidate will have a current Maryland license (LGPC, LCPC, LMSW, LCSW-C); and have a valid, clean, driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time (40 hours/week) Case Manager position for our ACT program. Our ACT program is a cohesive multidisciplinary team that provides a variety of supportive services to adults with chronic mental illness.
As a Case Manager, you will work closely with our clients to provide supportive services designed to increase independence in all areas of daily living and increase psychiatric stability. Typical services provided may include supporting clients in all areas of daily living, accompanying to appointments, assist with coordination of medical care. These services are provided in the clients’ homes.
Qualified candidates must have access to a dependable vehicle, a clean driving record, good communication skills, and previous mental health experience. Bilingual, Spanish/English, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences field
- One or more years case management experience working with adults with mental health and/or substance use issues
- Clean driving record
- Access to a dependable vehicle
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus