Legacy & Estate Planning
Legacy and estate planning is an increasingly popular way for supporters of a nonprofit organization to make charitable gifts that can be arranged in ways that maximize their financial objectives and establish a legacy of support for the organizations and people they care about most.
When you make a legacy or estate planning gift to Carroll County Youth Service Bureau (CCYSB), you become a partner in our mission to provide all Carroll County children, adults and families with access to a continuum of community-based behavioral health (mental health and substance use) services with compassionate providers who have the skills to assist individuals in transforming their lives. CCYSB established the ‘Follow Your Heart’ Legacy Society to celebrate these individuals who mutually support the future of our organization with special donor recognition, invitations to events and tours, insider communications about the impact of your giving, and more.
We listed some options below for legacy or estate planning gifts that will make an immediate impact and/or leave a personal legacy of support for CCYSB. With the help of your financial advisor, CPA and/or attorney, you can design a plan with CCYSB to ensure that your gifts will be put to the best possible use while meeting your financial objectives.
Gifts that Make an Immediate Impact:
- Partnership Interest or Stock/Securities: Consider providing CCYSB with a gift of partnership interest or stock/securities. You will not only make a gift with immediate benefits to CCYSB, but you will also avoid capital gains liability and receive an income tax deduction.
- Donor Advised Funds: Consider making a gift today through your donor advised fund and immediately impact our programs and services that benefits thousands of individuals each year. If you would prefer that your donor advised fund be distributed after your lifetime, simply name Carroll County Youth Service Bureau as a beneficiary of all or a portion of the remaining funds.
Gifts that Make an Impact and Pay You Income:
- Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust: Consider creating a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or a charitable remainder trust (CRT) that will provide you with income over your lifetime, a charitable deduction and the ability to diversify your holdings.
Gifts that Make an Impact after Your Lifetime:
- Will: Consider putting a bequest in your will by naming CCYSB as a beneficiary of your estate. It will provide you with an estate tax deduction and cost your family nothing in the present.
- Retirement Plan: Consider naming CCYSB as the beneficiary of your retirement plan to eliminate income tax on retirement plan assets. According to industry experts, the balance of your retirement plan may be worth more when donated to CCYSB than to your heirs in certain circumstances.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Consider creating a charitable lead trust (CLT) that will freeze the gift and estate tax value of appreciating assets while providing a charitable gift to CCYSB for a fixed period of time with the principal amount benefitting your heirs.
We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to acknowledge your legacy and estate planning contributions to Carroll County Youth Service Bureau. Please contact the Development Office so we can support you in this important journey and thank you for your generosity:
Molly C. Dolan
Director of Philanthropy
Director of Marketing, Events and Community Outreach
Carroll County Youth Service Bureau is a private non-profit, 501(c)(3), charitable organization and all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.